Site-specific field diagrams which indicate where Spectators and Teams are to be located are available for the following fields:
Avenel LP #3 Julius West 7A & 7B
Avenel LP #4 Julius West 9A & 9B
Buck Branch LP Laytonia RP #2
Cold Spring ES Laytonia RP #4
Concord LP Redland LP
Dufief LP Ritchie Park ES
Falls Road LP Seven Locks ES
Fallsmead ES Stratton LP
MSI is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all players, families, coaches, staff, and volunteers. Please check this page for updated information on coronavirus protocols.
UPDATE Thursday, April 15, 2021: MSI Return to Play Guidelines, version 5.0 (Spring 2021 Season)
Note: This protocol document supersedes all prior versions, including Addendums
* Masks continue to be a requirement for all players, coaches, referees, and spectators. This includes "during game play".
* Limited spectator attendance is allowed at MSI games and practices. Nearly all fields allow a maximum of one (1) immediate family member to attend for each player, while a maximum of two (2) are allowed at Einstein HS Stadium Field, Whitman HS Stadium Field, and Laytonia Recreational Park (see Section 6.6, Facility-specific Logistics for detailed information).
* An additional 2 parents per team may attend 1st Grade games at Hoover Middle School, in order to serve as Game Leaders for the small 4v4 games.
* Several Game Rules Modifications have been enacted (e.g., heading is now allowed for Recreation grades 6-12 and Classic U12-U19). For details, see section 7.0 Game Rules Modifications in the protocol document above.
* Please note Section 8.7 for guidelines regarding requirements for individuals following return from travel to States that do not directly border Maryland.
PREVIOUS DOCUMENTS THAT ARE SUPERSEDED BY THE MOST RECENT PROTOCOL DOCUMENT, LISTED ABOVE
UPDATE Tuesday, April 9, 2021: MSI Return to Play Guidelines, version 4.0 (in place for the Spring 2021 Season)
UPDATE Friday, March 26, 2021: COVID Protocol Addendum -- Game Rules Change Modifications
UPDATE Monday, January 4, 2021: COVID Protocol Addendum – Travel Outside of the Area
In accordance with the current state of Maryland travel order guidance (12/17/2020) the following restrictions are in place for individuals who travel outside the state:
- Players that have traveled outside of our immediate area are prohibited from participating in any MSI related activities. This includes all games, practices, clinics, or any other events.
- The following states are exempt from the requirement: Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia, Delaware, and Pennsylvania
- If you travel outside of these states you must either obtain a negative COVID-19 test result or quarantine for a period of 10 days where you are completely symptom free.
Please bear in mind that COVID symptoms may not be that different from other illnesses. Please see MSI’s complete COVID Protocol document below for detailed information.
MSI Return to Play Guidelines, version 3.1 (updated December 18, 2020)As the COVID-19 Crisis continues its path, the difficulties with returning to play this spring are becoming increasingly apparent. The MSI Board of Directors is working on a formal statement regarding the refunding of player registration fees, and intends to publish that statement early next week (Monday or Tuesday, April 27 or 28). That statement will be posted here, as well as emailed to all registrants at the same time. Thank you for your patience as we've worked through this difficult process.
The above-document provides broad guidance that is consistent with the most up-to-date guidance by Montgomery County health officials. Note that the biggest change is the prohibition of spectators (including parents/guardians) from team activities.
OUTDATED PROTOCOL DOCUMENTS
These documents are maintained here as a historical record, but the most current version is listed above.
MSI Return to Play Guidelines, version 3.0 (updated December 3, 2020)
The above-document provides broad guidance that is consistent with the most up-to-date guidance by Montgomery County health officials.
MSI Return to Play Guidelines, version 2.0 (updated September 10, 2020)
The above-document provides broad guidance that is consistent with the most up-to-date guidance by Montgomery County health officials. It includes such things as:
Parent, Coach, and Player Responsibilities
Game Day Logistics
Facility-Specific Information (to guide your game-day experience at various locations that have different rules)
Modifications to Game Rules
Exposure or Illness Protocol
Update to Protocol
(this document provides updated guidance by Montgomery County health officials regarding new interpretation that all players must wear masks during "active play" as well as during "passive" times, with exceptions for underlying medical conditions that make wearing of a mask unsafe) (posting update 8/26/20)
Initial Protocol Supplement: MSI Return to Play
(this document focuses on a wide array of logistics and guidelines related to game/practice considerations, and incorporates the MSI (Covid-19) Return to Play Protocol by reference; this also will be updated as modifications in public health policy are updated, and MSI further refines it's game/practice logistics and rules modifications (posting update 8/24/20)
MSI (Covid-19) Return to Play Protocol
(this document focuses on Health and Medical Issues, as well as practice guidelines put in place on August 17; it will be updated as modifications in public health policy are updated) (posting update 8/17/20)
Update: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 (11:15 pm)
MSI has completed the process of collecting parental requests, and will immediately begin processing those refunds and credits (the link to the Google Response Form has been removed as of 11:15pm on June 2). Refunds to individual credit cards may begin to appear as early as Friday, June 12 (edited from earlier estimate of June 5), but is primarily dependent upon how quickly your credit card company posts the credit to your account (this usually occurs within 3-7 days, but in rare occasions may take up to 30 days).
Update: Friday, May 29, 2020
Deadline Extended to Monday, June 1, 2020
MSI has extended the deadline for response via the Google Response Form, providing us information regarding your request for a refund or credit from your Spring 2020 registration fees. We have sent 5 mass email notices to all families, as well as having the information posted on our website since May 15. During that time, we have received many thousands of responses to date, but still have several hundred families that have not responded. IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR RESPONSE BY THE EXTENDED DEADLINE, YOU WILL BE CREDITED WITH A FALL 2020 REGISTRATION ON YOUR ACCOUNT.
Following the Please click on the link below to complete that Google Response Form:
Recreational and Kindergarten Refund and Credit Response Form(link disabled June 2, 11:15pm)
Update: Friday, May 15, 2020
All MSI Recreational and Kindergarten program families are asked to reply via the Google Response Form, providing us information regarding your request for a refund or credit from your Spring 2020 registration fees. Please click on the link below to complete that Google Response Form:
Recreational and Kindergarten Refund and Credit Response Form (link disabled June 2, 11:15pm)
Letter to MSI Families, May 15, 2020
Update: Monday, May 11, 2020
We anticipate sending an email to all parents (Recreational and Kindergarten programs) and team representatives (Classic) on Friday, May 15. This email will provide instructions on how to request that your Spring registration be "rolled over" to the Fall season, or to request a refund of the Spring registration.
Update: Thursday, April 30, 2020
At this time, we are announcing that all players in the MSI Kindergarten, MSI Recreational, and MSI Classic programs will be provided the choice of either a 100% refund of their Spring 2020 registration fee or a 100% rollover credit for their Fall 2020 registration. Emails are being forwarded to all families in those programs as of 6pm, Tuesday, April 28, summarizing that information. MSI Academy teams are waiting for NCSL to decide the status of their spring season, but MSI has stated the intent to refund spring participation fees for Academy families in the likely event that NCSL does make the decision to cancel. Emails are being sent to all Academy coaches and managers, with the request to share with all families.
Please, do not reply to those informational emails, which indicate that detailed information on how we will "process" refunds will be provided in approximately two weeks' time.
Refund Letter for MSI Kindergarten and MSI Recreational Families
Refund Letter for MSI Classic Families
Refund Letter for MSI Academy Families
Update: Friday, April 24, 2020
Update: Thursday, March 26, 2020
By now, everybody is well aware that the COVID-19 situation has put on hold so many aspects of our lives, and youth soccer is no exception. At MSI, we want to keep you up to date regarding how this affects our programs and your child’s participation, and therefore provide the following information at this time.
- In response to the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), and in conjunction with guidance from Maryland State and Montgomery County officials, all MSI activities (programs, leagues, games, practices, trainings, meetings, gatherings, etc.) remain suspended until further notice. Compliance with this suspension of activities is mandatory for all MSI teams.
- Montgomery County Government has revoked all Athletic Field (and other facility use) permits through April 30. This includes all school, park, synthetic turf, Stadium, and Soccerplex fields.
- Subject to developments, we hope to be able to get everybody together and enjoy some fun times on the soccer fields this spring! If and when that becomes possible, we will rapidly publish modified schedules for all programs. In the event that becomes not possible, MSI will communicate an appropriate policy with regards to refunds of spring registration fees.
- Until further notice, the MSI office is closed. In the meantime, we are being as responsive as possible via general email ([email protected]), and staff-specific email ([email protected]).
Thank you all. Please stay healthy and safe, and we look forward to seeing everybody on the soccer fields, soon!